Sunday, May 18, 2008

Jadens 1st BIG BOY BIKE



Well today I bought Jaden his 1st REAL Big boy ike as he says, and i say Yes its your Bike Jaden, And a Big smile came across his face. So Jon and I felt he should learn how to adjust to "Normal" Preschool/ Kindergarten things, so we bught him a bike not just so he can be like his big brother. but someone told me that a bike is good for kids wth bowed legs-thanks Grandma so we felt not only will it be good for his legs but time for him to learn how to make certin things in his life Fit with his Disabilities and not to use it as a reason not to do things, and chicken or cop out by saying I can't do it im too short. Nonsense you are short but you can do it just find the way that makes you feel comfertable. Mind you the Seat is as low as it will go, and im gonna have jon make extensions for his bike pedels. Because we are still a lil shy of the pedels. Never Thought he would be so excited to have a bike or ike,
he is so attached and I was nervous when buying this bike because Deep n the back of my head I thought This Bike isn't small enough My poor baby, so I asked the Sales Lady about maybe a 10 inch because they only had a 12 inch and she says this is a standard size for kids i said to her well unfortunitly my son has A Form of Dwarfism
and i told her he is a litle person she asked me how old, i told her 2 1/2 she looked at me with a real nasty look, and in a callous manner said why don't you buy him a trike. we have em for 20 bucks. Immediately my head and hears were trying to process her nasty tone and my blood pressure was rising i just told her thanks for your up most care your a real seller for this company with your compassion, I guess I was hoping she could give me a clue as to maybe seeing if walmart could order a 10 inch bike from Huffy for me but no Her quick Fix was to buy a trike. Um we have one of those and besides thats Camerons Bike now, He is a Big boy he maybe small but he is a big boy At least thats what we tell him. because he is older then Cameron so he is a big boy. I really can't bleive this So I bought the bike anyways and said well he will have to learn and we will have to make minor adjustments.
Just Little Jaden In a BIG WORLD. I must tell you Somedays It dosen't bother me that he is Small but today In the car after I Bought the bike and got in the car I got in the drivers seat And Just fell apart with tears comming down Wondering why people are so Damn Nasty and have Naty Additudes. But I soon then realized Was I crying for me because My son has a disablity or that ppl are cruel..why was I crying it then hit me I cried because I knew that this is just one type of the cruel World that we have encountered, We haven't even started school Yet and already having to deal with Additude lke that from SALES LADY you know i expected a little compassion she looked like a Mother how would she feel if she were in my shoes. and it was her child. Damn I can't let Jaden See this side of me Crying becaus of the negitive people that an't understand what im going through I got to be strong, Im his mother and he is the one im suppose to reassure that It doesn't matter what others thnk, feel or say about you. I love you no Matter what. And that is the Truth.
But It felt good to cry to get it out because it basiclly has allowed me to grow a thicker shell so i can learn from this and grow that not everbody understands or cares what is going on with you and life and make the best out of it. And the best part was Jadens face Happy because Mommy and Daddy Bought him a Ike.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh! I love the bike. Don't let that woman get you down-people like that are not worth your time. Jaden is a bright shining star and if she cannot see it then I feel sorry for her because her life is too empty to see the amazing light of Jaden!

Tonya said...

I know we talked but I hope Jaden likes his bike!! Take pics of him on it!

Anonymous said...

Great work.