Thursday, May 8, 2008

Well Here we Are.....

Hello to all,
This is my very first blog so bare with me im new to this blog lifestyle, and I guess in the internet blog spot we are also known as Newbies...lol well I have set this site up where i can go to rant, and rave and Also to Educate the not so eEducated ones about Dwarfism and yes you seealot of lp failes who have children with Achondroplasia, But in our Home we have 3 children all boys...you know my house is loud, Peace in quiet is only durring nap time or in bed for the night. However My Oldest is Blake He is 4 years old going on 5 in Aug and is Average Height,
Then is Jaden or as we call him JJ he is 2 1/2 going on 3 end of july and Has Hypochondroplasia
And last but not least is Our youngest Cameron he is 7 months old and is Also Average Heigh So far.... Well I had a feeling Jaden was our special one Even durring pregnancy and labor then more so after birth. Jaden Looked just like Amy and Zach Roloff but only to a certin dagree but in the face you could really see it.. then the medical aspect started And we have been to all kinds of doctors from ent to genetics and now to neurosergery, and orthopedcs Im tired That is also one fact i can give you as well. But Life must go on anyway Jaden Has had many complications
medically we have had many ear infections, upper respitory infections, and we were late walker and Bowing of the legs all the classic signs of children with Achondroplasia, So when we went for our 2 yr well child exam Jaden's Ped Said his Height was below the 5th percent for children his age but Jaden has a stcky build to him and to me he was my child perfect in everyway, So he is short so is his dad So she referred us to have a skeletal Servey done on him and to go see the gnetics Dr. Out of U of M in Ann Arbor there we seen Dr. Jeffery Innis What a great man When he seen us And he looked at Jaden He looked right at my husbnd and said " I want you to get Undressed" My Huby looks at me and his eyes got large he then replie with oay but we are here for Jaden Not me, There we got 2 diagnoses in 1 day i call it our 2 for 1 special It appears Jaden and his DA DA Are both Hypo's after that we had to have blood work done to see if the comon gene that causes Dwarfism has cause Jadens Reason for being hypo But the gene came back negitive for a mutation, By this time my frustration came to A Well how can this Be Is he a dwarf or not The doc then said yes this is not umcommon in this type of dwarfism for that to happen.
So here we are . We are a part of the Little people of America Dist. 5 Chapter 23 and we have met some really great People Its Nice to have Support.

So I Would love to hear from anyone questions, comments and new friends are always a welcome Here at Jadens World.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi, I found your site through Kim, Preston's mom's sight. I think we met at the bowling thing for LPA a month or 2 ago....I spoke to you about the UofM hospital and docs and Jaden. My daughter has a rare form of dwarfism. Her name is Kaela. I'm not sure if you remember us or not, but I wanted to stop in and say hi. We have a blog to. You can check it out at:http://adayinkaelaslife.blogspot.com/. I look forward to reading your blog. If it's okay with you, I'd love to add a link??
Sarah

Kristen said...

I just started a blog to find people with hypochondroplasia and I found you. Wow! Upper respitory problems, ear infections, late walker, bowing of the legs. It was like reading about my sons life. Coleman is 3 1/2 now and he was diagnosed 2 years ago at LSU medical center,Dr.Chen is our genetisist. He is Gods gift to us. We see a endocrenologist too, for the growth hormones. We started them 3 weeks ago. I would love to hear from you. randomkcv@yahoo.com or hypochondroplasiakid@blogspot